Arlington County, Virginia (Gov't)
Arlington, VA United States
Arlington County Government is seeking a seasoned executive to lead its award-winning Planning Division to meet the next generation of challenges in one of the most progressive communities in the field of urban planning and development.
The Planning Division is responsible for guiding and regulating Arlington’s short and long-range development by working with the community to develop plans, analyze development and rezoning requests based on those plans. The Planning Division is comprised of 28 staff members and includes two major units: Comprehensive Planning and Current Planning with support from an Urban Design group.
We are seeking candidates with strong skills, attributes and a track record of achievement in:
- Leading and managing smart growth initiative, urban development and redevelopment;
- Inspiring and managing a large division with multiple and complex programs, projects and priorities;
- Engaging and building consensus with a diverse and well-educated community, volunteer and appointed boards/commissions and elected officials;
- Building relationships with all levels in a large government organization; and
- Addressing challenges with an entrepreneurial lens, strategically and with political astuteness.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in Urban Planning or a related field.
- Significant and progressively responsible managerial level experience in an urban planning environment.
Position closing date: 1/28/2021. For more information on Arlington County Employment or to view the complete job description and apply for this position please visit our website https://careers.arlingtonva.us.