The NCAC FAICP Nominating Committee accepted nominations for 2024 induction into the AICP College of Fellows (FAICP) through Friday, May 12, 2023. The FAICP Committee reviewed submissions and brought their recommendations to the NCAC Board at the June Board meeting. The Board voted to support and endorse nomination of four candidates.
Who is eligible for FAICP?
The minimum requirements for eligibility as a Fellow include:
- Member of AICP for at least 10 years
- Member of AICP in good standing (dues paid, CM requirements up to date, and no ethical violations)
- Outstanding contribution to the profession over an extended period of time
More information on the primary criteria is available here.
What is the process for Chapter Nomination?
Chapter members who are interested in nominating themselves or another eligible chapter member submit an expression of interest to the local Chapter board by the indicated deadline. This year's deadline for consideration was May 12, 2023.
The NCAC-APA Board selected chapter nominees in June. If selected for chapter nomination, the deadline to submit nomination packages to the national FAICP Selection Committee is August 30, 2023. Chapter members who are not nominated by the Chapter Board are not precluded from pursuing FAICP nomination through other means.
Chapter nominees will receive the following support from NCAC-APA:
- Nominator endorsement letter from the Chapter President
- Assistance with the FAICP submission package to ensure that nominees are on track to meet deadlines and that submissions are complete
- Payment of nomination processing fee ($100 for the 2024 cycle)
A chapter nominee will be responsible for preparing the FAICP submission package, providing information necessary to write the nominator endorsement letter, and submitting the final package to the national FAICP Selection Committee.
Preparing an FAICP application can be an extensive time commitment. Prospective nominees are encouraged to review the information on the national FAICP selection process.
* The administrative prerequisite of years of AICP membership has been reduced from 15 to 10. The FAICP standards and criteria did not change. Nominees and nominators should review the primary criteria to evaluate if a nominee qualifies beyond the 10-year AICP membership requirement.
Our FAICP Members
Election to the AICP College of Fellows (FAICP) is one of the highest honors that the American Institute of Certified Planners, the professional institute of the American Planning Association, bestows upon a member. This honor recognizes the achievements of the professional as a model planner with significant contributions to planning and society. Fellowship is granted to planners who have been members of AICP for at least 10 years and have achieved excellence in professional practice, teaching and mentoring, research, leadership, and public or community service.